Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing THIRTEEN


This thing was productivity tools - and there were a lot. So many things out there that I didn't know about. Very good tools for everyday use... I have had an iGoogle home page for quite a while now, and the only downside is the slower load to my homepage. But here's a screenshot of very interesting themes to personalize your page. There are a lot of cool applications: Time, Temp, Interesting photos of the day (my personal favorite), Quotes, Google Maps, and etc. etc.


The calendar and lists tools were also helpful items to use. I registered with 30 Boxes. I found that this would be used really easily to keep meetings and events organized. It had some really neat features that would allow you, if you included brackets around a location, to go right to google maps for location of the meeting, etc. If you have an event that you want to invite others to, you just need to add a + sign followed by the email address(es) and an invitation will be forthcoming. There is even a reminder feature that will send you out an email on a timeline set up by you to be reminded of the meeting. Very Cool.


Another tool I registered with was the Ta Da List. I liked the simple format of this one, since I was looking for an organizational tool for my son who's starting college this fall. This one had a format just like an assignment organizer. Day by day, month, year, you just type in the item that you have to note, and when it's complete, it's very easy to edit it out, and the list counts down with what you have left to do. Also Very Cool.

No comments: