Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing TWELVE

The Middle of the Road - Thing Twelve was very interesting. I tried to come up with a good application for libraries, and decided some things just don't work as well in libraries as others. I liked MIXX the best - it seemed to be the easiest to work with and the video introduction was easy to understand. I seriously didn't know how these things worked, even though I have seen reddit and mixx alongside news stories that I've read. Now I know! I looked up a topic I would like to throw up on my Facebook about an issue that is almost epidemic: teen pregnancy. So I researched ABSTENTION and found the articles that were popular were making light of the whole concept, and that it would be impossible to work with to reduce unwanted pregnancies. OK - not a good thing to try to promote. Anyway, it is an interesting concept, picking the top news stories by popularity, but also very time consuming.

No comments: