Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thing THIRTY

This thing is using RSS feed Readers for more productivity. Since I have been using my RSS feeds on a limited basis - mostly because TIME is at a premium, I decided to check out a little more refresher info on RSS. I found an Oprah Winfrey description: The technical acronym for RSS is "Really Simple Syndication", an XML format that was created to syndicate news, and be a means to share content on the web. Now, to geeks and techies that means something special, but to everyday folks like you and me, what comes to mind is, "Uh, I don’t get it?"
So, to make RSS much easier to understand, in Oprah speak, RSS stands for: I’m "Ready for Some Stories". It is a way online for you to get a quick list of the latest story headlines from all your favorite websites and blogs all in one place. How cool is that?
Now, that I like - to think of it as gathering stories. I will continue to find uses (and Time) for my RSS feeds and Delicious,but I will think of them differently from here on out.

No comments: