Friday, August 8, 2008

Thing TWENTY


Facebook was the social networking tool that I chose to blog about in Thing Twenty. I decided to set up a Facebook account this Spring Semester, knowing that it was one of the "23 Things" and used that as my excuse to get going on it early. It has been a great tool for communicating with current and former students, as well as my own kids and their friends. I have been successful in getting a few other moms to get an account as well, and we have been having a great time peeking into our students' worlds. It is such a popular pasttime with our students that I wanted to see what the appeal was. I found it to be a great place for communicating, sharing, and feeling a part of a group. It is fun to share photos, thoughts on bumper stickers, sticky notes, and profiles. I was surprised how many of our students asked me to be their friend. I will try to use it as a way to support, encourage, and bring a positive influence. I joined the group: Libraries Using Facebook Pages, which I haven't had time to work with yet,and another called True Minnesota Twins Fans. It is so easy to add applications that make the personal page more interesting, and useful.

No comments: